Whenever, I start to write down article, I know I can jot down text to any extent, but Text without pictures attracts less attention.
To be more eye catchy, we can add contextual picture’s to the article, picture have our attention and convey’s the message that we want.
As a matter of fact picture convey the idea more quickly than anything else. Any article must have at least 1 picture attached to it, one can add more picture as per the desired and demand of the article.
For getting quality picture there are many ways which can be adopted :
1. Subscribe and use the picture
2. Get it from free source
3. Use your own created photograph
We will discussing the 2nd option of Getting it from free source.
The Internet/Web offers plethora of images. You can have them in your Google search . You can use the images which are in in public domain, or are under the license of Creative Commons.
What is creative Commons ?
CC is a nonprofit organization that allows the sharing and non profitable use via free legal tools.
Below are few website which can be used to down load high quality pictures.
- Fotolia.com – This is one of the simple website which can be used to download high quality photograph. They are having royalty free Pictures which can be used freely by anyone.
- Flickr.com – They have million of images which can be use as per your wish.
- freeimages.com – you can create free account and can use the pictures there, they are having more than 3 Lack picture in their gallery.
- I M free.com – Yet another website which offers free pictures for personnal and commercial use. Create a account and use it.
- http://www.stockvault.net- An extreamly good collection of more than 46k. Sites is bit shaky but the quality of picture are decent enough to attract user
- Ancestry Images – As the name suggest these are collection of ancestral images . which can be used free in any website.
- Pickupimage – free stock images largely from nature.
- Superfamous.com – It has the images of Dutch interaction designer Folkert Gorter whose picture are available under the licence of Creative Common.
- Compfight – search image as per your licence requirement.
- Sutterstock – One of the best library for Choosing the Picture and having them for your article.
- Thinkstock- Worth considering the website for the use of better quality picture.
- unsplash.com (Unsplash) – One of the better sites and among the favorite . under license for free use.
- google.com – The Google images website hosts millions of historical photographs from the LIFE library. You can add source: life to any query in Google image search to find these images and they are free for personal, non-commercial use.
Wish that now you can have much better options in your hand for writing articles.